The new season of The Celebrity Apprentice debuted on Sunday night and features Apprentice All-Stars Lil’ Jon, Dennis Rodman, LaToya Jackson and Omarosa Manigault each of whom is looking to raise money for the charities of their choice:
La Toya Jackson is competing in support of National Network to End Domestic Violence. In her book, “Starting Over”she talks about her own battle with domestic violence and wants to raise money for this organization that empowers domestic violence survivors to lead independent lives free from abuse.
NBA Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is playing for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the nation’s largest wish-granting organization. Since 1980, Make-A-Wish has given hope, strength and joy to children with life-threatening medical conditions.
TV personality Claudia Jordan’s chose The Tom Joyner Foundation which has raised more than $60 million to support more than 25,000 students attending HBCUs.
Omaroso Manigault is supporting the Sue Duncan Children’s Center, a safe haven for children on the South Side of Chicago in honor late fiancé, Michael Clarke Duncan. He was a native of Chicago and credited the center for putting him on the path to success during his childhood. The Sue Duncan Children’s Center currently serves 120 students from over 20 local schools.
Other stars on the show vying for charity funds are:
- Multi-platinum superstar Bret Michaels – Life Rocks Foundation – National Philanthropic Trust.
- Actor Stephen Baldwin – Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund
- Gary Busey – Busey Foundation for Children’s Kawasaki Disease
- Soap actress Lisa Rinna – St. Jude Children’s Hospital
- Country superstar Trace Adkins playing for the American Red Cross
- Five-time Golden Globe nominee Marilu Henner – Alzheimer’s Association
- Award-winning magician and Las Vegas headliner Penn Jillette – Opportunity Village, a not-for-profit organization that serves people in the Southern Nevada community with intellectual disabilities
- Brande Roderick – Promises 2 Kids, a non-profit organization that leads the fight against child abuse and neglect in San Diego
- Rocker Dee Snider – Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
“The Celebrity Apprentice” airs at 9 p.m. EST on Sunday nights on NBC. Check out the full story at the Examiner.